use Flourish in a sentence
1. [verb] to grow steadily, make progress;
Victoria is quickly becoming a flourishing center for bicycle tourism.
Our roses are really flourishing in this nice weather.
Greece is the world’s third leading producer of olives, which flourish in the dry climate.
2. [verb]To wave in the air back and forth;
The girl flourished her flag.
The president flourished his hat to cheer the crowds.
1. [noun] a showy motion, gesture;
Bronwyn always signed her name with a flourish.
She entered the with a great flourish.
2. [noun]A showy part of music.
The opera began with a flourish of drums and trumpets.
3. [noun]a curved line used to decorate a writing;
Tom’s literature homework was full of stylish flourishes.